Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Time...

Lately Abby and I have been trying to get out of the house at least once a day. Either to a park so she can run around and get some energy out or at least to run an errand or two. We have been keeping busy with our ward mom's group weekly play dates and dental wives mom's play dates. We also were lucky enough to get a NEW couch last week. Every single piece of furniture we have ever owned in our almost 3 years of marriage has either been a "hand-me-down" or from Craigslist. So last week we made our first purchase on a brand new, never been used sectional with 4 recliners. I love it! And the bigger I get in this pregnancy, the more I will enjoy it! :) Phillip of course is keeping very busy with school. Even with 7 tests coming up next week he still does a very good job of spending as much time with us as he can. So we are very grateful for that. Also last night was Abby's first night in her BIG GIRL BED! She did really well. I think it was an easy transition for her because we just turned her crib into the toddler bed so nothing really changed just that the big railing is down and it now just has a really small little railing so she can get off by herself. She was so tired when she went to bed last night that she fell right asleep with no problems. I laid a bunch of blankets on the ground around her bed in case she rolled off. Around 4 in the morning I went to go check on her and she was asleep on the ground. Poor thing. I picked up her, put her back into the bed and she slept till 8:30 and didn't even try to get off once she woke up. She is currently taking a nap on it right now, so we will see how this goes. Her crib was kind of falling apart, so we decided to just convert it to the toddler bed and we can buy a new crib for the baby. This way she will be used to a regular bed by the time the baby comes and she hopefully won't think that the baby stole her crib. Well, that's all the new and exciting news so far...till next time!


Ward mom's group at the Krispie Kreme Tour






The new couches (its a sectional but because our place is so small we had to separate it. So its a little ghetto, but at least its a ton more comfy! haha)





Middle piece in corner (ghetto part) :)


Abby actually asleep in her big girl bed

6 comments:

Hilary said...

nice couches! don't you just love new things! way to go on getting abbs in a a 'big-girl' bed! hope to see you soon. lets do something next week.

Katie said...

Sorry I forgot to call you back. I got the message a few days late, and then, I hate using my cell because reception is so bad...Anyway, if you still want the recipe call me.

KAT said...

Hooray for a good first night on the big-girl bed. When we did that with our first, she cried hating that we were "breaking" her bed.

Jared said...

Ness! We're back and hopefully we will post some more photos, but today I was sitting there and decided to post one of out all time fav. pics of Audrey. So go check it out!
Dude, I love the couch! That is so funny about it being your first piece of "un-used" furniture! Also, I love the Ariel bathing suit on Abs!

Kaitlin Rose Chase said...

CUTE!!!! So does she actually sleep in her big girl bed?

Vanessa and Phillip said...

Actually she does sleep in it and does really well. The only time she gets out of it a lot is at nap time. but she usually does really well.