Monday, March 31, 2008

Only A Biker Knows Why A Dog Sticks His Head Out Of A Car Window

We only had one car and with Phillip's work being about 20 miles away; he would always have to take the car to work. Being stranded at home before Abby was born and having to bum rides off people or taking the bus was starting to get a bit old. Phillip and I had talked about getting a motorcycle because of various different reasons. It would allow me to have the car most of the time as well as cut down on gas prices, travel time due to traffic, insurance, and most importantly, Phillip loves to ride. Ever since my dad got a Harley, Phillip has been envious. Then his brother bought a bike as well. He has just been waiting to get one of his own. We started to check out prices on Craigslist and all over the internet. I told my dad to keep his eye out because we were now in the market for one. Anyway, to make a long story short, my dad hooked us up! He gave us a 1981 Honda Goldwing. It actually runs very smoothly and is in great shape! Phillip rides it to work and back every day (weather permitting) and will take it to run errands whenever he gets the chance. He keeps it in the garage so he can work on it, and my car gets to be parked outside now :) At least now I have a way of getting around town to run errands or go to the park whenever I want! Here is Phillip's favorite and biggest birthday present! Thanks Dad!!!!

"Work to ride and ride to work"
"The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome"
"Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly."

I got to ride Phillip's bike before he did! :)



















5 comments:

Rebecca said...

what an awesome present! my husband wants one soooo bad.

Katie said...

Wow, he looks so official! When did he get the leather goods?

Vanessa and Phillip said...

He has had the leather jacket for awhile, and then his mom bought him the helmet for his birthday and then he got the gloves as well. hahaha, he loves it!

melissa said...

he is so hardcore...

Cedric Anderson said...

What a tough-guy! You look pretty intimidating, Philibuster.