Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter and Another California Trip

I am getting really bad at this blogging thing. I am almost obsessed with checking everyone's blogs and keeping up to date with people. But I am horrible at updating our own. I always feel like I can't blog if I don't have cute pictures to go along with my story. Or if nothing really exciting has happened, then I don't know what to write. I am a really bad journal writer. I love to do it so I can look back and remember things, but the actual task of sitting down and writing, I am horrible at. Every day Abby seems to do something cute or different, or occasionally drives me nuts :) I just keep thinking that I really need to write these things down because one day she might want to know how she was as a baby. So I might be using our blog as my way of writing these things down for her sake and for mine. So sorry if they are boring, I just need to get them down somewhere! :) She just is getting so big so fast, and if I keep putting it off, before I know it she will be starting Kindergarten and won't be my sweet little chub-a-lub anymore! :)

Anyway last week the High School that Phillip teaches at had Spring Break, so we took advantage of his time off and went down to California. Even though we have our house in Vegas, we get to visit so often that sometimes I feel like we haven't moved from there. We got to stay for a whole week. It was a very nice little vacation because usually when we go down it's only for a couple days, and we feel so rushed trying to visit with everyone. This time we actually got to relax and bit and got to spend more time. Whenever we go down we get spoiled by everyone taking us out to lunch or dinner, its wonderful! :) We took Abby down to the beach for her first time. We went to lunch with my brother and his family at Ruby's on the pier. On the way back to the cars, it was sooo windy! Phillip and I both had to push the stroller because it was getting whipped all around and almost pushed off the side of the pier. That was an adventure. Later that day Phillip played tennis at the park with my sisters and their friends while I tried to keep the wind from Abby who was sound asleep in her stroller. The rest of the week was filled with visiting with friends and family, eating at Apple Bee's, Golden Spoon, Outback, making crepes for my dad's single's ward, going to the temple, walking around Downtown Disney (mine and Phillip's first date since Abby was born) riding on my dad's Harley, shopping, and sleeping in. All in all, it was wonderful! We got back to Vegas on Friday afternoon and spent the day cleaning, doing taxes and getting back to the real world. Saturday night we bought one of those activity saucers for Abby. (We found a great deal on one on Craigslist, I love that thing!) She loved playing in the one at Grandma and Grandpa Chase's house so we decided to get one for her. It keeps her busy for awhile so it lets me get things done. Then once she is tired, she starts to fuss, I pick her up and she goes right to sleep. It's wonderful! For Easter Sunday we searched for our Easter buckets that the Easter Bunny had hid for us. Abby was sooo cute in her new Easter dress and little bonnet that Grandma bought her. She loved looking for her bucket and mommy and daddy are enjoying her treats! Then we went to our aunt and uncle’s house where everyone got together for Easter dinner! It was delicious! Anyway, that was our lovely week in a nut shell. Happy late Easter everyone!!!

Loving her new saucer


Her beautiful Easter dress


YAY! Easter bucket!





I just loved this picture! She finally smiled for the camera!!!

9 comments:

Jared said...

Holy Cow she's a cutie!! Man Ness, it makes me want to haul across country to see you guys. I love the one of her in her dress smiling while in her play-saucer!

The Greathouse Family said...

It was so much fun to see you guys! I really enjoyed getting to talk to you that night, Vanessa. Abby is so wonderful!

Mindy said...

She is so cute. I hope I can meet her someday!

Jared said...

What a cute Easter dress! I can't decide who she looks like. I guess she's a good mix, huh? Oh this is margi by the way. Love you guys...

Cory said...

such cute pictures!!
you should just blog about whatever you want. it doesn't matter if it's boring or not. i use mine sort of like a journal too. i'm sure people get annoyed by my long posts, but i don't care. i'm a fast typer!!

Carly said...

Oh my gosh! She is so dang cute. I can't believe how big she is already. Time flies!

Katie said...

What a cute smile! She does look adorable in her Easter dress.

Cherish said...

Cute pictures! It's about time you updated!

melissa said...

seriously... i've been DYING for an update! i looooove the new pictures