Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Im Really Bad At This.....

I have been really bad at this whole blogging thing. It just seems like we've been pretty busy lately but yet at the same time I don't have much to even say. Just a quick update. Abby is definitely in her terrible two's. One minute she is sweet and caring and the next she is whinny as can be and challenging everything. She has been completely potty trained for 7 months now and is becoming very independent in so many ways. She is a great big sister. She loves to make Chase laugh and loves to tease him. I am not trying to rush Chase into growing up too quickly, but I have to admit that it will be nice once he is old enough that they can actually run around and play together. I know that it will be more hectic when the two of them can get into trouble, but some days Abby just gets so bored playing by herself. But I am enjoying this time where Chase is not yet mobile. He is now 7 months and weighs 21 pounds. We have made many many trips to the Dr for him lately. He has had 4 ear infections in the past 4 months. He likes to give us a scare with spiking very high temperatures. In 5 weeks we go back to the ENT to do a hearing test and talk about possibly getting tubes in his ears. It seems that every time he gets any kind of congestion or runny nose, he gets an ear infection so tubes might be the only solution from here because the antibiotics don't always help him. Even when he is sick and has a 103.8 temperature, he is such a fun and sweet boy. He is always smiling and immediately puts everyone around him in a good mood. He loves to sit on the floor with his bucket and toys and enjoys watching Abby run circles around him. I love being a mom. My kids may drive me bonkers at times (and right now Abby does this pretty much daily) but I love them like crazy. Phillip has been busy with school but this semester is much better then last. I don't know how we even made it through last semester, but I am soooo glad its over. This semester he has been in the clinic a lot more and has been pulling lots and lots of teeth. I think he is finally liking school again, because he sure hated it last semester. We are still debating if he is going to specialize and become an oral surgeon or not...I guess only time will tell. As for me, well these last two and a half weeks I have been on the HCG diet and probably have not been very pleasant company lately as I am a bit crabby when I am hungry :) I am counting down the days for the diet to be done and then I can start training with Phillip for our half marathon in August. I have missed being able to work out, as on this diet you are not supposed to work out much. It will be nice to get back into a routine of going to the gym again. I miss getting my daily dose of endorphins :) Anyway, this post I am sure is extremely boring, but I just felt like updating again, and hopefully soon I will have something more exciting to post. Until then.....

Sorry all these pictures were taken with my phone...

Abby loves animals! We went to a little kid day at a car wash (random) and there was a mini petting zoo. She loved it!



Swinging at the park in California



Chase loved playing with my friend Missy's dog...good thing Max is a gentle giant :)






I thought I would include a video of Abby showing off her singing skills...haha she sure is a performer...enjoy!

6 comments:

Kath said...

oh what a cute little boy. he is so cute. sorry to hear about the ear infections though, that's not fun...and abby's darling. can't wait to see you guys in august for the half marathon. looks like I get to watch the kids while you guys run. go team jenkins!

Rebecca and Nick said...

Way to go! I didn't know you were going to run a half marathon! I maxed out at a 10k, but have always thought I should go for a half. Which one and when? You might motivate me to do it too!

Poor little Chase. I am glad he is still a good baby even though he feels miserable.

Jaime said...

Awesome. It was fun to see you, and Abby is a great little singer!

Natalie said...

Love the update! :) Im sorry about Chase. Ear infections are never fun, but when Garen got tubes put in, he never got another infection afterwards...so it might really help Chase! Your kids are too cute! Yay for Abby's success with potty training...isn't it the greatest? We need to plan a playdate!

Vanessa and Phillip said...

Thanks everyone! Rebecca, we are running one in Park City in August. You should sign up for it! :) haha i am so scared for it but kinda excited too! And Kathryn...I asked my sis to watch the kiddos the day of the race and the day after so we can heal a bit....that way you can go to the race if you want :)

KAT said...

What cuties! Your Chase looks alot like our Grant, cute and chubbie!