Friday, December 28, 2007

Baby Abby Comes Home



Going home from the hospital outfit. Her daddy bought the onesie right when we found out we were having a girl. But since it was cold outside, we put her in her new cute outfit from uncle Jared and aunt Margi.

Wide eyed and wondering what the heck is going on

Proud parents!




Proud grandparents!


We are finally home now so I thought that I should update everyone. Daddy did a great job of getting pictures up, so I'm just going to add the stats and some more pictures! We went into the hospital at 9:30AM on Wednesday December 26th. After 3 times of ripping the skin off my arms and many tears later the nurses finally were able to get the IV in. I had to have 3 different bags of stuff pumping in me the whole time. One with sugar, one with insulin to help regulate my blood levels, and then one with potocin. They were not able to start the potocin until after 12:00PM because the Dr. had ordered a special treatment for my diabetes. Once the potocin started, my contractions got more regular and more intense. There were 3 other ladies being induced that day and apparently we were all progressing slowly, so the nurses came around and started breaking everyone's water because they said they were getting bored. After that, things still were progressing but ever so slightly. After the epidural and several hands of cribbage, things finally picked up. At about 10:00PM I started pushing, and at 11:15PM our beautiful baby girl was born. She must have been determined to share her uncle Vaughn's birthday! The cord was wrapped around her neck 3 times which was a scary moment for us, but everything was fine. She weighs 8 pounds 6 ounces and is 20.5 inches long. Her full name is now, Abigail Rose Jenkins. We were undecided about a middle name for a long time, but Rose it finally is! It still seems so sureal and unbelievable but it is the best feeling in the world to finally be able to hold our precious baby. I think she has my nose but I think she got Phillip's lips. I still can't tell who she looks more like. Her hair is very dark, which was a super surprise for me. We instantly fell in love with her and can't stop looking and kissing her. Anyway, we will post more later!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Congratulations! There's nothing like bringing your first baby home! Have fun! Take lots of pictures!

Cedric, Sarah, Scout, and Baxter Anderson said...

You guys are AWESOME and your little lady is super cute. Congratulations and all that stuff. Love you guys!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

v, im just so happy for you guys! Abby is so sweet, a precious little angel, she looks JUST like you!!!! I'm sure your mom and alisha send their love down to you, with your baby! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats - she's beautiful. Can't wait for her to start playing with Millie

Carly said...

I just found your blog... and little Abby is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations :)