Monday, December 3, 2007

Dr. visits and waiting

So as most of you know for the past several weeks and from now until the end of my pregnancy, I have to visit the Dr. three times a week. This would not be such an ordeal if we had two cars or if I could take Phillip to work every day. But with his work being over 20 miles away and gas prices being outrageous, that is not a good option. For awhile when I was just seeing the one Dr. every two weeks I was taking a bus to my appointments, as my Dr.'s office is about 2 miles away. Once the Relief Society President found out that I was taking the bus, she assigned someone to help find me rides. This could not have come at a better time and been such a blessing. At that time I had been "diagnosed" with gestional diabetes. My Dr. ordered a visit to a diabetes counselor and then a specialized ultrasound. Once I had the ultrasound, the perinatologist said that I would have to come back twice a week from then on to have an ultrasound to check the fluids and then to have a stress test performed. So I would have to have my regular Dr. appointments once a week and the stress appointments twice a week. With having someone to help me get rides to all my appointments has been such a blessing. On my last visit to my regular Dr. he mentioned that he would schedule an induction at our hospital for Dec. 26th if the baby did not come ealier on her own. I have another specialized ultra sound appointment this Thursday where the Dr. will guestimate the weight of the baby again. If she is measuring big or if for any other reason then he will be the one to move the date of the induction up. At this point with the uncomfortable nights and practice contrations I would not be opposed to him moving the date up a bit. Anyway, we are just waiting now and getting things ready for the "big" day whenever it may be. I just can't wait to be able to eat sugar again and not have to go for super long walks hoping when I test my blood it won't be out of control :) With our luck Phillip has a dental interview with UNLV on Dec. 13th, and that will be the day that the baby decides to come. :) Anyway, we will keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be so funny if Abigail did come on the day Phillip had his interview. I am so glad that you joined this. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures. I love how your t.v. is above the fireplace. Your cat is so big! I've never seen him before so wow!