Saturday, December 8, 2007

Nativity Play





Last night Phillip and I attended a live Nativity scene that one of the wards here in Vegas performs every year. It was such a neat experience! They performed it outside on the church's parking lot and had cast of probably 50 people or so. They had live animals too! Sheep, chicken, a dog, big horses and miniature ones, donkeys, and goats. It was so fun! They set up 3 sets of bleachers and have two performances a night for 4 nights. It was absolutely amazing. I had obviously been thinking about the story of Christ with it getting close to Christmas and everything, but this time I felt a special connection to it. I am guessing because I felt like I could relate every so slightly with Mary. Just with being due right around Christmas, the story seemed to hit home a little more. Of course I don't have to ride a donkey or deliver in a stable, but just hearing the Christmas carols and being reminded what Christmas really left me with such a wonderful feeling. After the play, they made an announcement that you could bring your children up to visit the baby Jesus and to pet the animals. We of course don't quite have any children yet, but I really wanted to go see the baby. It was a real baby that they were using too! And Mary up close was absolutely beautiful. It was almost surreal going up to visit them. I hope that we can all take time with the hustle and bustle of the holiday to really remember why it is that we celebrate during this season.

5 comments:

Cedric, Sarah, Scout, and Baxter Anderson said...

Funny you should mention feeling like Mary... I made Sarah ride a donkey to an abandoned barn to deliver our baby so that she could feel in touch with her "inner-Mary". It was a touching and pneumonia-inducing experience.

ammonc said...

So, Ammon didn't tell me you had a blog, just happened upon it myself. Anyway, we wer just laughing at the pictures of Phillip. I think he makes the same face in every picture. What a guy!

ammonc said...

Oh, and sorry we had to bale on the nativity last night. Ammon didn't get home till 1:30. It's neat though, huh?

melissa said...

oh my gosh i love you!!!! i want to be preggy right now too!!! maybe i should find a husband first..... hahah. thanks for sharing the special story. i'm so happy you're my bfffff

Rebecca said...

thats awesome! i would love to go see something like that.