Monday, February 11, 2008

Abby Update





So in the last post I talked about Abby getting a cold. Well her cold wasn't getting better and she was starting to wheeze. I took her into the pediatrician because they said that bronchiolitis was going around and to bring her in right away. Lo and behold she was "diagnosed" with the bronchiolitis RSV. We had to borrow a nebulizer from a friend and give her breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. As a new mom, this made me extremely anxious because both Phillip and I have a niece and nephew that were both hospitalized for RSV. We were told to do the breathing treatments and to keep a close watch on her. I did not feel confident in my pediatrician’s diagnosis so a couple days later we took Abby into a pediatric quick care. The pediatrician there made me feel so much better. He actually took the time to explain bronchiolitis to us, listened to her breathing, checked her oxygen levels, and showed us what to look for in her breathing patterns. He said that her breathing and lungs sounded good and clear. I felt 1000 times better after leaving that quick care. She is doing much better now. She is still a bit congested, but she is finally getting back to her normal, happy, eating everything in sight, little girl.

4 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Hi Vanessa! I'm so glad to hear that Abby is getting better! My heart sank when I heard the news. That had to be so scary! All I know about RSV is what happened to Amy, so I was thinking the worst! So glad you caught it early!

Kaitlin Rose Chase said...

Love the pictures! :) Glad that Abbigail Rose is doing okay!

Mindy said...

Hey Vanessa, so glad Abby is getting better. I was with Jamie this weekend and we were so concerned. She is just so cute. You look good as a mom. Happy day!

Jaime said...

Finally, some posting going on, see you this weekend!