Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Long Time No Post

It's been too long since our last update, so I thought I would take advantage of Abby taking a nap to update everyone. The last six weeks have been extremely eventful, tiring and have flown by! Abby has been growing so fast and is already 12 pounds 6 ounces. She eats like there is no tomorrow! She is more awake and attentive during the day now which has been so much fun. She likes to make little noises now as she begins to discover she has a voice that can do more than just cry. Her gummy smile brightens our day no matter what hour it is. I am starting to feel more comfortable with the whole adjustment of not getting a full nights rest, multitasking with one hand, feeding, then feeding again, and changing diapers all day long. Phillip went on a snowboarding trip with some friends from his family ward in California. It was from a Friday to Tuesday evening. I was a little worried at the thought of being home alone for that length of time with just me and Abby. So Phillip was kind enough to drive Abby and I to California Thursday night and then leave with the boys early Friday morning to drive right back up to Utah for their trip. Abby and I had a wonderful time visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Chase and Jenkins. She was able to meet her new aunts and uncles that she hadn't met before. She sure has a way of making everyone fall madly in love with her within seconds. It is so much fun to see how such a sweet little innocent baby can light up anyone's day. I had to drive back to Vegas by myself with Abby. So I had to try to time it just right, so that she had a full tummy and would hopefully sleep the whole way in the car. She was an angel. She slept the entire way and started to fuss just as I got to the strip. I can not complain, we have such a good little baby! As soon as Phillip and I got back from both of our little trips, Abby developed a cold. She has a stuffy, runny nose for a couple of days. Then on Saturday night, I noticed that she was really having trouble breathing. After her middle of the night feeding I could not go back to sleep knowing she was struggling so bad. So I took her into extra bathroom and turned the hot shower on. We had her sleeping in her car seat so that she was sitting up more so it would be easier to breathe. I slept on the bathroom floor with her for about an hour in hopes that the humidity would help her. Once I went back to bed with her, I noticed that it was raining outside. Phillip's mom and brother and just driven up to Vegas with a motorcycle that my dad had given to us to use as another means of transportation. It was sitting in our driveway, and I knew Phillip wouldn’t want it getting wet. I moved the car out of the garage and he rode the bike into the garage. I had to park down the street from our house because all the spots were taken up. So needless to say it was a very eventful middle of the night full of sleeping on the bathroom floor and running down the street in my bathrobe in the rain. This was also the day of Abby's blessing. Daddy did a wonderful job on giving her a very sweet blessing. He blessed her with intelligence, obedience, faith, a testimony of the church, ect. It was such a wonderful feeling having our beautiful daughter being blessed by the priesthood from her dad, grandpa, and her uncles. We had a wonderful time having the family up for the blessing; it was too bad they couldn't all stay longer. We will be going down to California again this weekend for Veronica's (Phillip's niece) baptism. So we will have to update about that new adventure later.














1 comment:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

yay! An Abby update!!!!! I've been waiting for this, I was going to start bugging you about it! V, She's so sweet! You guys look so happy!