Thursday, February 14, 2008

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

PHILLIP GOT INTO UNLV DENTAL SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know we moved to Las Vegas to become residents because we had applied to UNLV Dental School. After much dedication and hard work, our anticipation paid off. Phillip received a phone call yesterday from the dental school asking him to call back. He called them as soon as he got done with tutoring and they informed him that they had reviewed his application the day before and had admitted him to their school. They congratulated him told him that he would be receiving paperwork in the mail in the next couple days. I am soooo extremely proud of him! What a blessing this has been for us this last year. He called me after he got off the phone with them and said: "I don't think we are going to be able to get a Wii." I asked, "Ok, why?" "Because we will need that money to hold my spot for dental school." A little confused as to why he would say that. I asked, "Ok how do you know?" He answered very calmly "Because they just called me and said I was accepted." Of course I started screaming and told him to tell me exactly what happened. Who called, what did they say, what did you say, how long did you talk to them, ect. Anyway, I just thought it was cute how he told me. He doesn't show much emotion because he says I show enough for both of us. :)
Just a quick run down of how the application process works and why I am so proud of him:
The number of applicants that applied last year= 2,918.
The number that is accepted=77
Need I say more of why this is such exciting news??? :) It is such a wonderful feeling to finally be able to start planning our future! I am married to a soon to be DR.!!! HAHA! CONGRATS PHILLIP! ABBY AND I ARE SOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!



5 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

yay, that's SO AWESOME!!!!! We're so happy for you guys, you deserve the best!!!!!!!!!!

melissa said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you guys!!! I can't wait to see you this weekend! Tell Phillip I'm going to give him a hug.... I believe that is fair warning!

The Greathouse Family said...

That is awesome!! What a wonderful year for you guys! Congratulations!!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! thats awesome. Its so great when all that hard work finally pays off!

Mindy said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations, that rocks!!!