Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Birthday Surprise!!!

So the last couple months Phillip and I have been talking about trading in our little Hyundai Elantra and maybe getting a bigger car. We have gone back and forth with the idea but never really gave it too much thought. Since our car is completely paid off we thought we would just use it as a down payment for a bigger car. Well on my birthday we decided we would to go no other then Glenn E. Thomas Dodge and talk to our good friend who owns the dealership about some cars. I went with the whole idea that we would just be looking...for fun and to get some ideas. I didn't really want to get a Dodge Caravan because all of them look the same and blah blah blah its a mini van...boring. But the new 2008 caravan looks sooo different from all the normal mini vans and had so many cool features. So they showed us a 2008 caravan and went through all the fun things it can do and we took it for a test drive. I really really liked it but I didn't really think much about it because I was sure we were just looking for now and that we would be buying a used one. So we went back in the dealership and they started doing a credit check and stuff and before I knew it Phillip was signing papers!!! Then we it came to how much we were going to put down I asked him what about the trade it for the other car. He said "we're going to keep it." And just kept signing papers. What happened to my husband and who is this guy????? Was my first thought...but I knew better then to say anything and ruin the moment. So a couple hours later and signing our lives away...we were driving home our brand spanking new 2008 Dodge Caravan. Now before you judge and say "boring a same ole mini van"...please just take a took at this commercial...it would take way too long for me to write out all the neat things about this new addition to our family and my writing would not do it justice. So...Thank you to my absolutely wonderful, thoughtful, generous husband of mine!!! Happy Birthday to me!!! :) (and thanks to the Navy for letting us being able to afford this!) :)



4 comments:

Josh and Tiff said...

wow!!! congratulations! it's amazing... i bet that's so exciting!

Cedric Anderson said...

Phil, you must have had an Ebineezer Scrooge experience during Christmas... I've never known you to be so loose with the purse-strings!

Trent & Lindz said...

Hey Vanessa! It's been a while. Dang that's one tricked out mini van. I don't know if you'd even call it that, that thing's awesome!! Congrats!

Rebecca and Nick said...

That's a way cool van! Don't be ashamed of driving a mini-van. I know lots of cool people that drive mini-vans. I might be one of them someday!