Saturday, January 3, 2009

What is dental school doing to my husband??

So about a week ago I woke up to find Phillip was no longer in bed. I heard him in the bathroom so I asked him what he was doing and if he was ok. He responed "What do you mean what am I doing?? I'm getting ready for school." He had already showered and was getting dressed. Still dazed I asked again what he was doing and if he knew what time it was. "Yes, I'm getting ready." He responded annoyed as he walked into the bedroom and looked at the clock which read 1:30 AM. Confused he stated "what the...? Anyway apparently his alarm for some reason had gone off 4 hours earlier then it was supposed to and he didn't even think to look at the time I guess. So I started laughing hysterically as he got ready to go back to bed for several more hours. While we were falling back asleep I said "I can't wait to blog about this!" I just hadn't gotten around to it. Then last night in the middle of the night Phillip sat straight up in bed and started groaning "ow ow ow ow ow...holy cow...ow ow ow" then laid back down. I kept asking him what was wrong if he was ok or if there was something I could do. He wouldn't respond. I kept bugging him to tell me what happened. He said "Nothing, don't worry, go back to sleep." I was still a little freaked out. So I bugged him again about it. This time he was annoyed that I was bugging him again and said something like "it was the top of the tooth stage 5 don't worry about it." Something along those lines. When he woke me up this morning before he left for school I asked him about what was hurting him last night and he had no idea what I was talking about. I asked him if he had learned anything about a stage 5 or something to do with the number 5 and teeth in school and apparently they had. So...I don't know what it is that dental school is doing with my husband's psyche but its starting to freak me out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the first part is funny... the second...creepy. LOL. Good luck sleeping at night. You might want to watch out at night...who knows what kind of things he will teach Abby.

Mandy Coffey said...

hahahah that is so funny!

(ps, you're backround says ho ho ho still lol)

ammonc said...

That's awesome - I wish I knew about this before we came over today.

Katie said...

That is so funny! Does he normally talk in his sleep?

Cedric Anderson said...

Isn't it class 5? Farthest away from the gingiva, incisal edge right?

Hilary said...

I love it. Josh talks in his sleep, not hasn't talked about dental school yet! How are you? Its been awhile. Are you going to Mimi's?

Jaime said...

Okay, I agree with Kaitlin. Make sure he doesn't try pulling your teeth out in the middle of the night!

Rebecca and Nick said...

Thanks for the laugh!!! That is hilarious!!!